Mocean's annual choreographic lab CLEaR Forum, Photo by Kevin MacCormack

Thursday 12 February 2015

My Pants Were See-Through, I Wasn't Ashamed.


At first we didn’t know what was going on. There was confusion and lack of instrumental down beat. As time passed our energy collided from four different spectrums. My pants were see-through, I wasn’t ashamed. Our atmospheres were see-through too. 

I felt comfortable as karate chop liv,
Power and speed came naturally to me,
It seemed as though my hands moved faster than my feet,
But my legs induced the heat.


 I met S in a jumping ripple
With a quick handshake,
Before you knew it
Our souls began to mate.
Saw G & V were passing by,
I thought it be the perfect time to do that thing we do,
“Reach for the sky!”


 We were one unit!

One simple string!
Holding on for dear life,
Our breath began to sing. 

Focusing inwards as I search for love,
The boundaries are quiet,
Rounded,
Tender,
Like a Heart.


I heard the chimes and I knew the time was near,

I circled my hands and tried to gather my peers,
We Circled
We Clouded
The four of us inter-mounded. 

What an experience
Where did I go
I met my psyche
Amongst the flow.

~OLIVIA AUBRECHT

No comments:

Post a Comment