Mocean's annual choreographic lab CLEaR Forum, Photo by Kevin MacCormack

Wednesday 4 February 2015

EMERGE Week 2 Free Writing - Georgia Skinner

On the train of thought on psychosis... 

Sometimes I have trouble seeing. It's as if my eyes view the world in pixels that grow, and I can tell the migraine is coming.
I decided to jump inside the house, but I will become distracted.
The telephone rings, but I
don't answer

 
 
I let the sound pierce
The air, transport me to a place where I have trouble seeing again and the only thing that will make it cease or stop-
I sometimes have a reoccurring dream where I open my mouth to speak, but nothing,
no sound comes.
Or perhaps the scarf wraps around my neck and prevents me from expression?
I feel the search.
I feel like I know what I'm searching for sometimes,
but it's not always clear.
The path is not always clear.
There is often a moment when I know exactly what I want...
It's gone again.
                                   It's not what
                                                 you say
                                                              It's how
                                                                       
                                                                           you say
                                                                                       IT
Maybe if I turn off?
But I can't, or won't
The amount of control you think you have over your mind is completely controlled by how you feel about yourself, which sometimes can't be controlled.
The added load is
making me weak, but I still want to push.
Push 'till you get frustrated,
then keep pushing.
I want so much from this.
Maybe if I let myself turn off...





No comments:

Post a Comment