Mocean's annual choreographic lab CLEaR Forum, Photo by Kevin MacCormack

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Oscillating between Strength and Vulnerability

Pushing on we reach, we reach within ourselves and beyond the stretch of our fascia.
We fall, run in circles inside our head and within our canvas of activity.


I feel the resistance of an open porous heart press into me.
My bones stack like a wall and I absorb her power.
We are five. An ensemble of accidents and searching for the unknown. 


Open waters I float, electricity,  and weighted boots

 




Thick is my home. Rooted, emergent forms of merge and separate. A welcomed meditative trance.


Searching for a clue, taking in the room, I search for the mean white cat but really I imagine that I have slipped inside a Jaque Tati film. For a moment I am French.

 
 
 

The reeds bend, an early season sprinkler. My fascia extends to meet the room.

~ Sara C.

No comments:

Post a Comment